|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- Law office outgrows space - grbj.com
- Tri-party repo directions: A boost for corporate bonds - Vantage Asia
- The transition to GST: Early feedback brings adjustments | India ... - Vantage Asia
- Columbia Law, Embracing GRE for Fall 2018, is Latest School to ... - New York Law Journal
- Alumni, Students Connect at UC Clermont's Business, Law and Technology Day - University of Cincinnati
- Central Maine business briefs - Kennebec Journal & Morning Sentinel
- New approach to sovereign debt restructuring needed, bankruptcy law expert says - MarketWatch
- Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt names Graciela Gomez Cowger as its ... - Portland Business Journal
- Legal Analytics Lab Tackles Projects at the Intersection of Business, Law and Big Data - Georgia State University News (press release)
- Jared Kushner used personal email to conduct White House business, lawyer says - Atlanta Journal Constitution