|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- UR runs intellectual property law clinic to help small businesses and entrepreneurs - Richmond.com
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference taps hip-hop music to attract millennials - The Commercial Appeal
- Cross-Examination: The Business of Music - New Jersey Law Journal
- In business - St. Cloud Times
- Book Review: The Dharma of Business: Commercial Law in ... - India New England
- DLA Piper Absorbs Liner Firm and 60 L.A. Attorneys | Los Angeles ... - Los Angeles Business Journal
- Dorsey's China Practice on Shortlist for Asialaw Dispute Resolution ... - Business Wire (press release)
- Round Three: Another Crack at Benefit Corporations - WisBar
- Business law firm expands into El Paso - El Paso Inc.
- National Law Review: latest business law news and legal analysis - The National Law Review