|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- FBLA members attend Peru State College Business Competition - York News-Times
- Pop Attorney - BU Today
- Professor discusses oil drilling laws - UNM Daily Lobo
- New Ohio State Law Journal editor's leadership plan: set expectations and communicate effectively - The Ohio State University News
- Don't Minimize the Importance of Conflicts of Interest Policies for Your Nonprofit Board - Law.com
- Hightstown High School students advance in DECA competition - centraljersey.com
- Mount to hold panel on the business of sports and entertainmen on March 8 - The Chronicle
- Cuomo wants sweeping changes to NY's minority- and women-owned business law - NewYorkUpstate.com
- In Business: Law firm elects Kjellberg-Nelson shareholder - St. Cloud Times
- Human trafficking is big business. Law enforcement needs your help to put an end to it - Fox News