|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Know the Law: Rules for young workers - The Union Leader
- Business Briefs - Sandusky Register
- Who is responsible for repairing leaky condo windows? - TCPalm
- Tye Law Firm names Rowling as new partner - Kearney Hub
- Senegal adopts legislation to harmonise Africa business law - Journalducameroun.com - English - (press release)
- Business Briefs — The Woodlands - Chron.com
- Corporate, business law scholar Lynn Stout dies at 60 - Cornell Chronicle
- Student start-ups for the environment and expectant mothers win ... - UCLA Newsroom
- UCLA law students win first place for carbon emission-combating startup - Daily Bruin
- Business law-writers navigate conflicting investments, interests - Daily Press