|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- Small business owners learn to effectively grow their businesses - NRToday.com
- Can board have executive meetings without posting them or keeping minutes? - TCPalm
- Law firm leaving downtown South Bend for Innovation Park - South Bend Tribune
- Pansing Hogan Ernst & Bachman LLP - Omaha World-Herald
- BIZ brief: Local law firm merging with Clarkston firm - Moscow-Pullman Daily News
- FBI Agent Shares Cybersecurity Tips For Big Law - Bloomberg Big Law Business
- Norris McLaughlin & Marcus Welcomes Prominent Business Law Attorney Anthony R. Caruso - PR Newswire (press release)
- Uber Can't Be Fixed — It's Time for Regulators to Shut It Down - Harvard Business Review
- Business Law: Business Divorce - Columbus CEO
- Europe Women in Business Law Awards: 2017 winners - Managing Intellectual Property (subscription)