|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- Ukraine: Publication "The Ukrainian Journal of Business Law". Legal Digest (Commentary) - Mondaq News Alerts (registration)
- He was targeted with fake Craigslist sex ads in 'smear campaign.' Now he's suing to get his life back - Sacramento Bee
- CAO 2017: What's up and what's down - Irish Times
- Biz Buzz for Aug. 21, 2017 | Duluth News Tribune - Duluth News Tribune
- In Business - Shreveport Times
- Law Firm Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig Welcomes Newest Partners ... - Benzinga
- Business Law Archives - NWIBQ.com - Northwest Indiana Business ... - Northwest Indiana Business Quarterly (press release)
- Business Law workshop set at ICTC - Tahlequah Daily Press
- Workshop to teach business law in a nutshell - Muskogee Daily Phoenix
- Aug. 8: Small Business Law 101 - Business Record - Business Record