|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Circular on anomaly shows goals of code take priority - Vantage Asia
- Taylor English attorneys named Legal Elite by Georgia Trend - MDJOnline.com
- #MeToo And What To Do With Old Claims - Above the Law
- Northwestern Law launches online Master of Science in Law degree ... - Northwestern University NewsCenter
- Bradley partner Scott Ludwig elected chair of Joint Editorial Board on Uniform Unincorporated Organization Acts - AL.com (blog)
- Business Law: Andrew Nicholson highlights welcome news on ... - East Anglian Daily Times
- Prominent Law Firm Aird & Berlis LLP Picks Diligen to Modernize ... - Markets Insider
- Ukraine: The Ukrainian Journal Of Business Law – Legal Digest (Commentary) – December 2017 - Mondaq News Alerts
- NH Business Newsmakers: Perkins elected to college association - The Union Leader
- Business law update 2017 - event report - Lexology