|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- How UH Hopes To Turn Research Into Business Startups - Honolulu Civil Beat
- Belgian Competition Authority Publishes Its 2016 Annual Report - Mondaq News Alerts (registration)
- Farewell column - Napa Valley Register
- People news: Thurston County Bar Association names Zandell president - The Olympian
- SUNY Adirondack High School Business Day puts students to the test - Glens Falls Post-Star
- Law school launches business law advice service - The Business Desk
- Lawsuit Presses the Issue of Lower Pay for Female Law Partners ... - New York Times
- Years of Upheaval Shaped Jackson Before Business Law Career - Daily Business Review (registration)
- New law brings consistency to business rules - Batesville Herald Tribune
- Secretary of State Connie Lawson Hails New Act That Modernizes ... - WBIW.com