|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- Movers & Shakers: March 28 - Sioux Falls Argus Leader
- How to boost women in business? There ought to be a law, Richard Branson says - GeekWire
- Employers Need Good Bedside Manner - Above the Law
- Sparta resident named to law firm's executive committee | Sparta NJ ... - The Sparta Independent
- Alibaba and Small Business Owners - China Law Blog (blog)
- Know the Law: Protect your company from cyber attacks | New ... - The Union Leader
- Dean of the Faculty of Business, Law and Sport & Director of Winchester Business School - Times Higher Education (THE)
- This Finnish firm has reinvented the antiquated legal industry – by going digital and taking 'no a-holes' - Business Insider Nordic
- WFU School of Business and School of Law gain in US News & World Report rankings - Wake Forest University News Center
- Eastern Panhandle judge appointed to ABA Business Law Section - West Virginia Record