|Elder Law News|
There are many retirement communities and nursing homes in the tri-county area (Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties). As such, the practice of “elder law” is more prevalent here than elsewhere. Among the matters covered by elder law, issues pertaining to long-term care/ disabilities and Medicaid, guardianships/ conservatorships, elder abuse/ neglect and retirement and estate planning (including undue influence in inducing gifts in wills, etc.) are most commonly raised in South Florida.
Although there are some overlaps between elder law and estate planning, elder law has less to do with documents/ paperwork than the treatment/ well-being of an individual and his/ her property while he/ she is alive. If you are afraid your loved one is being mistreated in his/ her nursing home, or if it seems that a family member or friend is taking advantage of your loved one’s diminished capacity, you should consult a licensed Florida elder law attorney immediately. You should also keep abreast of the changes and/ or developments in the practice/ constitution of elder law in South Florida.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Elder Law Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Elder Law News:
- Once a Nursing Home Resident Qualifies for Medicaid, Are There Any Rules on the Remaining $2000 in Assets? - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Texas Elder Law Attorney Richard M. Barron Helping the Elderly Protect Wealth and Health - Benzinga
- Four Things People Forget to Include in Their Estate Plan - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Elder Law: If you're playing the good Samaritan, tread lightly - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Demand for elder law rising - Bend Bulletin
- People in the News—March 27, 2017—Timothy Rice Estate and ... - The Legal Intelligencer
- Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board, Butcher Elder Law to host special needs trusts workshop - cleveland.com
- What Is The Difference Between California Estate Planning And Elder Law? - KHTS Radio
- Elder Law Attorneys to Present Free Webinar on What to Expect from Trump and the New Congress - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Elder Law Attorneys Drive New State Legislation to Maintain ... - Business Wire (press release)