|Elder Law News|
There are many retirement communities and nursing homes in the tri-county area (Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties). As such, the practice of “elder law” is more prevalent here than elsewhere. Among the matters covered by elder law, issues pertaining to long-term care/ disabilities and Medicaid, guardianships/ conservatorships, elder abuse/ neglect and retirement and estate planning (including undue influence in inducing gifts in wills, etc.) are most commonly raised in South Florida.
Although there are some overlaps between elder law and estate planning, elder law has less to do with documents/ paperwork than the treatment/ well-being of an individual and his/ her property while he/ she is alive. If you are afraid your loved one is being mistreated in his/ her nursing home, or if it seems that a family member or friend is taking advantage of your loved one’s diminished capacity, you should consult a licensed Florida elder law attorney immediately. You should also keep abreast of the changes and/ or developments in the practice/ constitution of elder law in South Florida.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Elder Law Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Elder Law News:
- What Can We Do About Our Parents' Credit ... - ElderLawAnswers - ElderLawAnswers.com (blog)
- Social Security Beneficiaries Will Receive a 2 Percent Increase in 2018 - ElderLawAnswers.com (blog)
- SI Elder Law to host a free probate seminar in Marion - The Southern
- Law Society to host elder law conference | Irish Legal News - Irish Legal News
- Bonnie Kraham: Plenty of value in having elder law power of attorney - Times Herald-Record
- New Yorker Article Highlights Abuses in the Guardianship System - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Am I Legally Obligated to Continue to Care for My Mother Even Though She Is Mean to Us? - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Protecting the Elderly Through Elder Law - University of St. Thomas Newsroom
- Elder Law Guys: If big money is coming, ask the tough questions before the check arrives - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- How Elder Law Attorneys Can Become Key Reverse Mortgage Partners - Reverse Mortgage Daily