|Elder Law News|
There are many retirement communities and nursing homes in the tri-county area (Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties). As such, the practice of “elder law” is more prevalent here than elsewhere. Among the matters covered by elder law, issues pertaining to long-term care/ disabilities and Medicaid, guardianships/ conservatorships, elder abuse/ neglect and retirement and estate planning (including undue influence in inducing gifts in wills, etc.) are most commonly raised in South Florida.
Although there are some overlaps between elder law and estate planning, elder law has less to do with documents/ paperwork than the treatment/ well-being of an individual and his/ her property while he/ she is alive. If you are afraid your loved one is being mistreated in his/ her nursing home, or if it seems that a family member or friend is taking advantage of your loved one’s diminished capacity, you should consult a licensed Florida elder law attorney immediately. You should also keep abreast of the changes and/ or developments in the practice/ constitution of elder law in South Florida.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Elder Law Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Elder Law News:
- Relief From Medicare's Part B Late-Enrollment Penalty Offered to Some - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Clinkscales Elder Law Practice announces new care coordinator - hays Post
- Can I Create a Special Needs Trust in My Will to Benefit My Husband? - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Recent Developments and Trends In Elder Law - WealthManagement.com
- Brooklyn Bar Association's Elder Law Committee conducts Article 81 workshop - Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- Elder law: Nursing home residents have specific rights - mySanAntonio.com
- Erhart earns elder law certification - Hockessin Community news
- How Medicare and Employer Coverage Coordinate - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Fletcher Tilton boosts elder law division - Worcester Business Journal
- SI Elder Law announces new hires - The Southern