|Elder Law News|
There are many retirement communities and nursing homes in the tri-county area (Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties). As such, the practice of “elder law” is more prevalent here than elsewhere. Among the matters covered by elder law, issues pertaining to long-term care/ disabilities and Medicaid, guardianships/ conservatorships, elder abuse/ neglect and retirement and estate planning (including undue influence in inducing gifts in wills, etc.) are most commonly raised in South Florida.
Although there are some overlaps between elder law and estate planning, elder law has less to do with documents/ paperwork than the treatment/ well-being of an individual and his/ her property while he/ she is alive. If you are afraid your loved one is being mistreated in his/ her nursing home, or if it seems that a family member or friend is taking advantage of your loved one’s diminished capacity, you should consult a licensed Florida elder law attorney immediately. You should also keep abreast of the changes and/ or developments in the practice/ constitution of elder law in South Florida.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Elder Law Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Elder Law News:
- Jeremy Ruman receives New Milford's DaVinci Award - Torrington Register Citizen
- Don't Let Health Care Providers Use the Improvement Standard to Deny Medicare Coverage - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Takacs McGinnis Elder Care Law Hour: Estate Planning ... - NewsChannel5.com
- Elder Care: Federal regulations of nursing home | Health ... - Williston Daily Herald
- Long-Term Care Scorecard Finds States Have Room for Improvement - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Is a Change of Beneficiary on an IRA Considered a Gift by Medicaid? - ElderLawAnswers.com
- Mahopac's Sloan & Feller: Leaders in Elder Care Law - TAPinto.net
- Sandwich Generation: Elder Law helps families plan for life changes - KARE
- Jefferson County Bar Association to hold free elder law seminar for area veterans - Orange Leader
- Top 10 Reasons To Consult An Elder Law Attorney - Greater Wilmington Business Journal