|Business Law News|
Business and Corporate Law
Contrary to popular belief, the terms “corporate law” and “business law” are not interchangeable. Instead, corporate law is just one division of the broader companies/ business law, which governs the actions of the various types of business associations (e.g. corporations, partnerships, professional associations, etc.).
The law of companies/ businesses varies from state to state, perhaps more so than other bodies of law. For example, some forms of business associations (e.g. limited liability companies, etc.) are not recognized in all states. Because Florida is home to so many retirees, the practice of companies/ business law is not as common here as it is elsewhere, such as in Delaware. Nonetheless, those who own or are employed in, businesses/ corporations – including sole proprietorships (e.g. where a company is owned/ operated by one person, and there is no legal distinction between that person and his company) – should keep abreast of the changes in the law to ensure their economic viability.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Business Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Business Law News:
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- New laws applicable to condominiums effective July 1 - Naples Daily News
- Law Firm of BRCSM Adds Cote to Attorney Team - GoLocalProv
- HOLLAND & KNIGHT: Holland & Knight Honored with Two “Women in Business Law” Awards; Named Best Firm for ... - Cook County Record
- Sole Proprietorships in New York - Lawyers.com Blog (blog)
- E-Commerce Ruling Generates Reaction - Inside INdiana Business
- Baylor Law Announces New Endowed Chair in Business and Transactional Law - Baylor University
- National law firm titan reportedly looking to expand to Dallas - Dallas Business Journal
- Europe Women in Business Law Awards: 2018 winners - Managing Intellectual Property
- Breaking the Ice: Business, law degrees boost M&A practice - Minnesota Lawyer
- Fish & Richardson Receives Three "Women in Business Law" Awards for 2018 - PR Newswire (press release)