Verdicts and Settlements
The results appearing in this section were selected to provide a small sampling of the cases that Alan Sackrin has successfully settled or won at trial over his 40+ year career as a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer and personal injury expert.
- $1.8 Million recovery against Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. for the wrongful death of a father resulting from the violent separation of a multi-piece truck rim.
- $1.5 Million medical malpractice settlement for failing to diagnose genetic defect in the fetus.
- $1.0 Million for husband and wife injured in motorcycle accident against an insurer that had denied insurance coverage to the at-fault driver.
- $925,000.00 settlement for pedestrian struck who was under the influence of cocaine.
- $800,000.00 recovery for work injured when leg became caught between unguarded rotating drums in construction equipment.
- $700,000.00 medical malpractice settlement for botched laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal).
- $650,000.00 recovery for a man injured at a construction site when a large hose struck a worker after cement in the hose dried and was pushed through the hose while the hose was being cleaned with water pressure. After dried cement came out of the hose, the hose quickly moved and struck the worker.
- $500,000.00 recovery for a woman injured in the intersection of a motor vehicle accident.
- $400,000.00 recovery for injuries sustained in low impact automobile collision which resulted in an aggravation of a pre-existing congenital head condition.
- $350,000.00 uninsured motorist jury award where injured Plaintiff claimed he was run-off the road by an unidentifiable vehicle which cut Plaintiff off but did not make contact with Plaintiff’s vehicle, causing Plaintiff to make evasive maneuvers, resulting in a collision.
- $375,000.00 recovery for automobile collision with disputed liability where the claimed injury was an aggravation of a pre-existing back condition.
- $350,000.00 uninsured motorist jury verdict where injured Plaintiff claimed he was run-off the road by an unidentifiable vehicle which cut Plaintiff off but did not make contact with Plaintiff’s vehicle.
- $175,000.00 recovery for a back injury sustained from a slip and fall on the water at Wendy’s where the source of water was never determined.
- $175,000.00 recovery for a woman mauled by dogs while she was volunteering at Greyhound adoption center.
- $171,000.00 jury verdict against Wal-Mart when an employee allegedly dropped boxed on Plaintiff, although Wal-Mart denied the incident ever happened.
- Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results
Settlements By Popular Defendant Names:
- Wal-Mart Slip and Fall Settlements
- Publix Slip and Fall Settlements
- Winn Dixie Settlements
- State Farm Car Accident Settlements
Settlements By Type Of Matter:
More Sample Slip and Fall Settlements:
Settlement Amount: $62,000.00 – E. G. v. WALGREEN CO. – slipped & fell on a liquid substance on the floor upon leaving the store, injured back & L knee. Plaintiff claims Defendant failed to maintain premises and failed to warn of the wet condition of the floor.
ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES
Settlement Amount: $20,000.00- E.J. v. Royal Caribbean Cruises, LTD.- Our client was a passenger on the Liberty of the Seas cruise ship, where she slipped and fell due to water on the pool deck. She claimed the ship attendants were negligent in failing to inspect the wetness of the pool deck or warn our client of the existence of moisture.
Settlement Amount: $125,000.00 – D. L. v. HOME DEPOT USA, INC. – employee asked him to assist with getting a shed from the upper shelf, tore his Left bicep, and sprained his Right shoulder & Right wrist. He claimed the employee was negligent for asking him to assist, not using a forklift, and failing to obtain the assistance of other employees.
Settlement Amount: $30,000.00 – J.S. v. HOME DEPOT USA, INC.
MACYS (Federated Department Stores)
Settlement Amount: $30,000.00 – T.B. v. Federated Department Stores, Inc.
Settlement Amount: $10,000.00- M.K. v. McDonald’s Restaurant of Florida, Inc.- Our client fell over a concrete brick while exiting the restaurant. She sustained serious injuries, including a fracture to her metatarsal.
Settlement Amount:$22,000.00 – D.F. v. K-Mart Corp.
Settlement Amount: $35,000.00 – G.M. v. Bloomingdale’s Inc.
Settlement Amount: $30,000.00 – G.M. v. Burdines Inc.
Appellate Decisions of Importance
- Craig v. School Board of Broward County, 679 So. 2d 1219, 1222 (Fla. 4th DCA 1996) – Established law that motorists have a duty to decrease speed when children are known or should be known to be on a bicycle on or near the street or sidewalk. The jury verdict for The School Board was reversed and the case was settled for the maximum amount allowed against The School Board allowed by Florida law.
- Rivera v. Baby Trend, Inc., 914 So.2d 1102 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005) – California distributor of a product manufactured in China is strictly liable for defects in the product (baby stroller) even though the product was never in the possession of the distributor, but was shipped directly to the retailer.
See More of Alan’s Appellate Cases
You may also be interested in:
- An index of sample personal injury lawsuits and court papers filed by our attorneys
- An index of sample slip and fall lawsuits and court papers filed by our attorneys
- Articles About Injury Compensation (From Alan’s Personal Injury and Accident Blog)
Get A Free Case Evaluation – Call (954) 458-8655
Contact us to find out how we can help you. You can contact us by phone at 954-458-8655 or by e-mail through this website to schedule an appointment and learn more about your rights. We offer a free initial consultation.
Do You Have a Question?
Fill out the “Talk With Us” form above to ask a question or call us at 954-458-8655. We promise to get back to you promptly. Ask now.