Expert Florida Slip and Fall Lawyer
Let Alan put his 37+ years of experience to work for you.
Generally speaking, slip and fall accidents occur because a business owner wasn’t paying attention when they should have been or because the business owner didn’t have proper measures in place to prevent an accident. Property owners and business owners, including grocery stores, supermarkets, restaurants, gas stations, hotels, department stores and even condominiums, have a legal duty to provide a safe environment for anyone who comes onto their property.
Why Alan Sackrin?
Alan Sackrin’s 37+ years of experience of handling slip and fall cases makes him qualified to handle even the most complicated cases. Alan is Certified as a Trial Expert by The Florida Bar which means he is an expert in slip and fall and other personal injury disputes.
Due to his experience, Alan knows the type of experts to hire and the various types of compensation to seek for his clients. He will take your case to trial and appeal, if necessary. Alan does not just settle a case because he won’t take the case to trial. In fact, many of his clients are referrals from other attorneys who could not get their case settled. Those attorneys call on Alan to file a lawsuit and to take the case to a jury for their determination of a reasonable settlement.
Alan Will Take The Time To Explain Your Options
A simple call puts you in contact with a committed, local attorney who will handle all aspects of your matter and work hard to help you get what you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of another person, contact Alan Sackrin, an experienced Slip and Fall Attorney, today for a free consultation.
See A Sample Of Alan’s Slip and Fall Settlements By Popular Defendant Names:
Premises Liability Accidents in South Florida – Who is Responsible?
Premises liability laws are designed to hold Property owners, operators, and managers and business owner’s, whether they are individuals or business entities, accountable when serious injury occurs as a result of their negligence. These parties are responsible for ensuring that their property is free from hazardous conditions, and for making sure that the general public is aware of any dangerous conditions that may exist. A knowledgeable slip and fall attorney can locate the owners of any given property by checking the appropriate government records, including tax rolls and corporate filings.
Read Our Summary On Premises Liability Law
Some owners and operators who bear responsibility for your slip and fall may not be as obvious. They may include service providers such as concessionaires, janitorial companies, franchisors and parent corporations. They may also include government entities. A slip and fall at a public school, for example, may impose liability on a local governmental body, whereas a slip and fall at a post office would implicate the federal government. However, if a governmental agency is involved their liability may be limited by Florida law. An experienced injury lawyer can advise you on these issues.
What sets Alan apart from other Florida slip and fall lawyers are his expert trial skills, his knowledge of the law, and his understanding and analysis of floor surfaces and how they are impacted by liquid substances.
If you would like more facts about slip and falls, Alan has prepared several summaries:
- How to Prove a Slip and Fall Case in Florida
- Stairwell Slip and Falls
- Parking Lot Slip, Trips and Falls
- Floor Mats and Slip and Falls
- How to Pursue a Slip and Fall Against a City or County
- 6 Environmental factors that can cause slip and fall accidents
- 4 Factors that determine the types of injuries from a slip and fall
- Slippery Conditions in Restaurants
- Condominium and HOA Slip and Fall Injuries
- Nursing Home Slip and Fall
- Hotel and Motel Slip and Fall
- Slip and Fall Case Checklist
- Sample Slip and Fall Lawsuit Filed Against Walmart-Substance on Floor in Frozen Food Department
- I Slipped and Fell at the Store But There Was a Wet Floor Sign: Do I Have a Case?
- Florida Casino Fun or Miami Celebration Gone Awry: If You are Drunk or Intoxicated When You Slip and Fall, Do You Still Have a Claim?
- Yellow Warning Tape and Your Florida Slip and Fall Injury: Does the Tape Mean You Have No Fall Injury Claim Against Them? No.
- Florida Property Owner’s Legal Duty For Injury To Different Types Of Visitors: Florida Premises Liability’s Invitee, Licensee, Trespasser Distinctions
- Proving a Florida Slip and Fall Injury Claim: Person Hurt in Fall Has the Job to Prove Owner Knew of Danger That Someone Could Slip and Fall and Didn’t Fix It
- Falling at Hotel May Result in Claims Against Hotel for Damages – Victim’s Burden of Proof
- Slip and Fall Injury at the Grocery Store and Supermarket – Evidence Requirements
- Do You Still Have an Injury Claim if You Wait to See a Doctor or if You Don’t File a Timely Incident Report After an Accident?
- What is Pain and Suffering under Florida Law?
- Lost Wage Claims – What You Need to Know
- Pre-Existing Injury: How It Can Impact Your New Personal Injury Claim
Alan handles cases against popular destinations including:
- Hemispheres – Condominium Accidents
- Winn Dixie
- Whole Foods
- Home Depot
- Aventura mall
- Diplomat Hotel
- Sunny Isles hotels, restaurants
- RK Shopping Centers
7 things to do if you are injured in a Slip and Fall Accident:
- Report the occurrence to someone at the slip and fall location
- Be accurate and ask for a copy of the report
- Be truthful because the report can be used against you
- Do not over or under state your injury
- Be aware that businesses have surveillance
- Write down the contact information of witnesses
- Seek proper medical attention
Slip and Fall Facts – Common Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and falls are the second leading cause of injuries and deaths after car accidents. Every hour an older adult dies as a result of a fall. The most common injuries resulting from slip and falls include, herniated disc, head injury, hand and wrist, shoulder and/or a knee injury. As a public service and for those who like to study numbers, Alan has prepared a summary of monthly slip and fall data, to show how often slip and falls occur in Broward County and throughout our State.
Alan handles slip and fall lawsuits for injuries occurring in Hallandale, Hollywood, Aventura, Fort Lauderdale, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Weston, Davie, North Miami Beach, Dania Beach and all other cities in Dade and Broward County Florida since 1982.
Hazardous conditions that may cause slip and fall accidents can include:
- Water or ice on flooring
- Abrupt changes in flooring
- Poor lighting
- Water inside front doors following rain
- Rugs not secured
- Broken bottles on the floor
- Parking lots with broken bumper stops that have re-bar sticking out.
- Sidewalks that were not brushed when the cement was wet causing them to be too slippery.
- Stair cases that do not have non slip strips
Sample Slip and Fall Lawsuits and Case Law
We also added several sample slip and fall lawsuits to show our visitors the type of work we do and to give them a true sense of the work necessary to succeed in a Florida slip and fall case. Additionally, we have prepared a list of important case law we use to help prove liability against Florida property owners.
Want to Know More?
Since 1982, Alan Sackrin has represented clients throughout Florida in recovering monetary damages for slip & fall, trip & fall, and premises liability injuries. Alan is a Certified Civil Trial Expert that strives to protect the rights and best interest of his clients. Alan brings a high-level of skill and representation to slip and fall cases. He offers a free and informative consultation, so call him today at 954-458-8655.
Learn More: See Our Slip and Fall Resource Page
For more information regarding how people are hurt from falling and slip and falls:
Get A Free Case Evaluation From An
Expert Slip And Fall Lawyer
Call (954) 458-8655
Contact Alan to find out how he can help you. You can contact him by phone at 954-458-8655 or by e-mail through this web site to schedule an appointment and learn more about your rights from a Florida slip and lawyer. He offers a free initial consultation.
Do You Have a Question?
Please fill out the “Talk With Us” form above to ask a question or you can call us at 954-458-8655. We promise to get back to you promptly. Ask now.