|Elder Law News|
There are many retirement communities and nursing homes in the tri-county area (Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties). As such, the practice of “elder law” is more prevalent here than elsewhere. Among the matters covered by elder law, issues pertaining to long-term care/ disabilities and Medicaid, guardianships/ conservatorships, elder abuse/ neglect and retirement and estate planning (including undue influence in inducing gifts in wills, etc.) are most commonly raised in South Florida.
Although there are some overlaps between elder law and estate planning, elder law has less to do with documents/ paperwork than the treatment/ well-being of an individual and his/ her property while he/ she is alive. If you are afraid your loved one is being mistreated in his/ her nursing home, or if it seems that a family member or friend is taking advantage of your loved one’s diminished capacity, you should consult a licensed Florida elder law attorney immediately. You should also keep abreast of the changes and/ or developments in the practice/ constitution of elder law in South Florida.
If you would like more information about this topic, you may contact me, a Florida Elder Law Attorney, by email, or call me at (954) 458-8655 and I will be happy to answer your questions. I offer a free initial consultation.
Elder Law News:
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Mascoutah Attorney Announces Retirement But The Legacy Continues - Herald Pubs
- PLANNING AHEAD: Holidays are time for heart-to-heart examination - The Reporter
- Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Housing Wealth Management to host Braintree seminar - Wicked Local
- Elder Law: Friendly reminder to get affairs in order - TheReporter.Com
- Elder Law: Dying without a will can complicate passing of community property - Chron.com
- Elder law firms merge - Long Island Business News
- First Elder Law Day held in Bradford - The Wellsboro Gazette
- First of two Elder Law Days held Wednesday - Bradford Era
- Elder Law: Ailing father should see lawyer soon about parents' trust - TheReporter.Com
- Elder Law: It's time to vote, review estate plan - TheReporter.Com