Complaint - Medical Center Left Substance on Floor
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE
15TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT IN AND FOR
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FLORIDA
CASE NO.: 12-xxxx-xx
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER, INC.,
The Plaintiff, R.C., sues the Defendant, WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER, INC., (“BOCA MEDICAL”) and alleges:
1. This is an action for damages in excess of $15,000.00, exclusive of interest, costs and attorney’s fees.
2. On or about January 3, 2007, Defendant, BOCA MEDICAL, was the owner and operator of a hospital, in Palm Beach County Florida.
3. On that date, Plaintiff went onto Defendant=s premises to visit his brother (a patient at Defendant’s facility) when Plaintiff was caused to slip either or both as a result of water or some other transitory substance on the floor at the tile entrance to the hospital and the placement of a carpet a short distance from the entrance way upon which Plaintiff got his foot caught when he slipped.
4. Defendant knew, or, in the exercise of reasonable care should have known, of the condition, or Defendant created the condition either through the acts of its employees, or in its negligent maintenance of its facility, or in its negligent method of operation, and Defendant should have corrected the condition or warned Plaintiff of its existence. Additionally, Defendant should have had a non-slip surface which could have prevented the fall which resulted from a foreseeable condition.
5. As a result of the negligence of the Defendant, Plaintiff suffered permanent bodily injury, and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care, treatment, and loss of earnings of loss of ability to earn money. As the injuries are permanent, Plaintiff will continue to suffer losses in the future.
WHEREFORE, the Plaintiff, R.C., demand judgment for compensatory damages against the Defendant, WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER, INC., and further demands a trial by jury of all issues so triable.
ALAN D. SACKRIN, Esq.
Slip and Fall Attorney
Attorney for Plaintiff
2100 East Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Telephone: (954) 455-0800
Facsimile: (954) 455-9649
ALAN D. SACKRIN
Florida Bar No. 349070
This is a sample lawsuit related to a specific set of facts and circumstances and should not be used or relied upon if you have been in a slip and fall accident. We recommend and urge you to consult with an experienced slip and fall lawyer for professional advice as each case is unique.
Quick Slip And Fall Facts:
Slip and falls are the second leading cause of injuries and deaths after car accidents. Every hour an older adult dies as a result of a fall. The most common injuries resulting from slip and falls include, herniated disc, head injury and/or a knee injury. Learn more from Alan Sackrin, an expert slip and fall lawyer.
Want to Know More?
Since 1982, Alan Sackrin has represented clients throughout Florida in recovering monetary damages for slip & fall, trip & fall, and other premises liability injuries. Alan is a Board Certified Civil Trial Expert that strives to maximize the amount of compensation his clients' receive for their claim. Alan brings a high-level of skill and knowledge to his slip and fall cases and he offers a free initial consultation.
Related Slip and Fall Topics
Please feel free to read our other slip and fall (trip and fall) related articles and fact sheets, including:
Do You Have a Question?
Please fill out the “Talk With An Attorney” form above to ask a question or you can call Alan Sackrin at 954-458-8655. He promises to get back to you promptly. Ask now.
Learn More: See Our Slip and Fall Resource Page