The Average Car Accident Settlement in Florida is $30,000.00. Factors for evaluation include:
1. Severity of injuries sustained in the accident;
2. Type and length of medical treatment needed;
3. Cost of medical bills and expenses related to the accident
4. Lost wages due to missed work time;
5. Loss of future earning potential;
6. Pain and suffering experienced as a result of the accident;
7. Emotional distress caused by the accident;
8. Property damage incurred in the accident;
9. Whether the injured party was partially at fault for the accident;
10. The insurance coverage limits of all parties involved in the accident;
11. The specific laws (Ex. Florida’s left-turn law) and regulations governing auto accidents in Florida;
12. Any pre-existing medical conditions that were exacerbated by the accident;
13. Whether there were any aggravating circumstances such as drunk driving or excessive speeding;
14. The age, occupation, and overall health status of the injured party;
15. Whether there are any permanent disabilities resulting from the accident;
16. Whether there was any loss of consortium or companionship due to injuries sustained in the accident;
17. Whether there was any scarring or disfigurement resulting from the accident; and
18. Any necessary modifications to living spaces or vehicles due to injuries sustained in the accident.
Note: These numbers are an average, some cases will settle for a lot more and some for a lot less. Also, these numbers are for illustrative purposes and should not be relied upon as each case is unique and each case should be evaluated on its own merits. The average settlements include pre-suit settlements after the lawsuit is filed settlements and jury awards.
Additionally, our opinion of value is based upon the large number of cases we have settled or won at trial during our years as car injury lawyers, our review of jury verdict reporters, industry trade publications, including claim reports from large insurance companies, as well as talking with other personal injury lawyers whose opinion we respect.
Do You Have a Question?
Please fill out the “Talk With An Attorney” form above to ask a question or you can call us at 954-458-8655. We promise to get back to you promptly. Ask now.
Learn More: See Our Car Accident Resource Page