Home – Car Accidents
After most car accidents, an injury victim just wants to get better as soon as possible and move forward with life. Unfortunately, he or she has lots of questions about things like compensation for their pain and suffering and the replacement of their vehicle. There’s also the financial stress of lost wages and having to pay monthly bills while dealing with medical expenses and other health care costs. Of course, in most instances, there’s also the stress of finding the right lawyer who can help. Below, we try our best to address these issues and provide answers to other common car accident questions.
What Kind of Damages Can You Recover if you are in a car accident? The answer depends, in part, on the type of injury. Can you recover for whiplash or a concussion?
Learn how we determine the value of our client’s car accident compensation claim, including lost wages, medical expenses and pain and suffering.
See the questions we ask during the initial consultation with a car accident victim.
8 Things You Should Do If You Are Involved in an Auto Accident. In the aftermath of a car accident try to remain as calm as possible because there are things you should do to help maximize your financial recovery. What should you tell your doctor and why?
Help is available even when the party who causes a car accident has no insurance or too little insurance.
A rear-end collision is where an car or truck crashes into the back of the vehicle in front of it. Usually, the automobile that is hit is stopped at a light or at a stop sign. Learn who is more likely to cause rear end collisions.
Here is an interesting fact about distracted driving: the least number of non-fatal car accident injuries did not occur on Wednesday, but on Tuesday with 1862. Distracted driving includes texting, adjusting a radio, picking-up something that fell or even adjusting a mirror.
Walk along the street nobody expects to be a hit by a car or truck because the driver was disracted by a text or an email. Unfortunately, these cases can have devasting injuries. Learn who is more likely to die from a pedestrian accident.
Did the Insurance company make a low ball offer or othewise act in bad faith? PIP coverage and bodily injury insurance claims.
Because of PIP, get treatment as soon as possible if your are involved in a car accident. Compensation for whiplash, concussions, broken bones, back injuries and wrongful death.
Alan Sackrin answers some of the most commonly asked car accident questions, including issues related to insurance, damages, costs, medical expenses and personal injury protection.
Car Accident Settlements & Case Law:
Pain and suffering and lost wages are 2 of the most important aspects of any car accident case. We compiled a sample of car accident cases settled by Alan along with case law he uses to prove damages in a Florida car accident litigation case.
Rear-end accidents happen often in South Florida. Here you will find a sample of rear-end car accident settlements that Alan has won either pre-suit or by jury trial. In addition, we provide a list of related Florida case law we use to help settle these claims for our clients.
State Farm is one of larget automobile insurers in Florida. We have compiled a sample list of settlements and case won by Alan Sackrin involving State Farm Automobile Insurance Company. Also included is related case law. We believe that analyzing these cases may give us a view into how this company approaches car accident claims.
Get Help From An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer:
Learn More From a Broward Car Accident Lawyer:
In Florida, if you are hurt in a Broward County car accident and that accident was caused by the negligent actions of another party, you should hire a lawyer who, for over 30 years, has helped people get the legal representation they need, regardless of race or income. Alan Sackrin is a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist. Read about the damages an accident lawyer can recover for a victim who has a car accident claim, including pain and suffering.
Alan Sackrin’s goal is to add value to his clients because he will go to trial when the insurance company denies coverage or doesn’t make a settlement offer that he believes is fair. Learn how Alan can help and read some of the articles he has written relating to car accident issues, including paying medical bills and pre-existing injuries.
Other Motor Vehicles:
- Auto Accident Complaint – Driver Under the Influence of Alcohol, Marijuana and/or Other Substances
- Auto Accident Complaint – Negligent Driving
- Auto Accident Complaint – Auto accident – Plaintiff struck by driver following too close
- Auto Accident Complaint – Defendant failed to yield right of way or observe surrounding area
- Auto Accident Complaint – Plaintiff injured as defendant failed to properly lookout to avoid collision
- Auto Accident Complaint – Passenger injured as defendant was negligent in speeding
- Auto Accident Complaint – Negligent driving caused by defendant striking plaintiff in the rear
- Car Accident Complaint-Owner lends Car to a 3rd Party-Owner and Driver Negligent
- Car Accident Request for Production of Documents
- Auto Accident Complaint Where Plaintiff was Rear Ended
- Auto Accident Complaint Involving Pedestrian
- Auto Accident Complaint For Failure to Yield While Exiting a Shopping Center
- Auto Accident Request For Production Personal Injury
- Bicycle Accident Request for Production Personal Injury
- Bicycle Accident Complaint Personal Injury
- Trolley Complaint Personal Injury
- Trolley Request for Production Personal Injury
Real Time Car Accident Data:
The Florida Highway Patrol keeps track in real time of traffic events and where accidents have happened as well as details about what has happened online on a map at their site. Go here for the Broward County map to see the FHP latest traffic reports.
Miami Dade County
The Florida Highway Patrol keeps track in real time of traffic events and where accidents have happened as well as details about what has happened online on a map at their site. Go here for the Miami Dade County map to see the FHP latest traffic reports.
Palm Beach County
The Florida Highway Patrol keeps track in real time of traffic events and where accidents have happened as well as details about what has happened online on a map at their site. Go here for the Palm Beach County map to see the FHP latest traffic reports.
Statistics and Related Articles:
Injury related crash data for the city of Hallandale Beach compiled from the State of Florida Department of Motor Vehicles.
Florida: Broward County Auto Accidents Overview Below is an analysis of Broward County automobile accidents and car crashes using data obtained from reputable state and federal resources. This information …
According to the State of Florida Department of Motor Vehicles, statistics are showing that the number of fatal car accidents each year in Florida is decreasing. Their data reveals that there were …
Florida: Miami-Dade County Auto Accidents Overview The following analysis of motor vehicle accidents and car crashes in Miami-Dade County takes statistics and data provided by county, …
The Florida DMV has discovered that some areas of Florida appear to have more likelihood of drunk driving on their streets than others.
From Our Blog
Read Our Car Accident Blog with Over 40 Articles Related to Car Accidents, including:
- Do You Still Have an Injury Claim if You Wait to See a Doctor or if You Don’t File a Timely Incident Report After an Accident?
- The Different Types of Car Accidents: Not all Car Crashes and Auto Road Collisions are the Same
- Injury Claims From Reckless Driving and Careless Driving in Florida
- Can Settlement Negotiations Be Used Against You in Your Injury Case?
- How Do I Pay My Medical Bills After a Florida Car Crash?
- Why Is It Taking So Long To Settle My Case? Is It Time to Settle Your Car Accident Case (Injury Claim) or to Take Them to Trial?
- Pre-Existing Injury: How It Can Impact Your New Personal Injury Claim
- Florida Car Crash? 5 Things You Should Know About Car Insurance Adjusters When You Have A Car Accident Claim
- Florida Insurance Adjusters Work Hard to Keep Car Accident Claims Payment As Low as Possible – And They Have a Bag of Tricks to Use to Pay You as Little as They Can
Get A Free Case Evaluation – Call (954) 458-8655
Contact us to find out how we can help you. You can contact us by phone at 954-458-8655 or by e-mail through this web site to schedule an appointment and learn more about your rights. We offer a free initial consultation.
Do You Have a Question?
Fill out the “Talk With Us” form above to ask a question or call us at 954-458-8655. We promise to get back to you promptly. Ask now.