Home – Slip and Fall – Pleadings Main Index – Complaint Asphalt Slip and Fall
Complaint – Negligent Asphalt Work at Job Site
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE
17TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT IN AND
FOR BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA
CASE NO. xx-xxxx-xx
THOMAS D. and MICHELLE D.,
SMITH & COMPANY, INC.,
The Plaintiffs, THOMAS D. and MICHELLE D., sue the Defendant, SMITH & COMPANY, INC.,and allege:
1. This is an action for damages in excess of $15,000.00, exclusive of interest, costs and attorney’s fees.
COUNT I – NEGLIGENCE AGAINST SMITH & COMPANY, INC.
2. On or about June 22, 1999, Plaintiff, THOMAS D., was working at the construction site located at 15977 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, Broward County, Florida, known as the Westfork Plaza.
3. Defendant, SMITH & COMPANY, INC., was a sub-contractor at that job site and had the responsibility to perform the asphalt work.
4. Defendant was negligent in performing asphalt work at the construction site causing Plaintiff, THOMAS D., to step into a hole or depressed area and fall in that:
a. Defendant failed to fill in a hole or depressed area in the vicinity of a shut-off valve.
5. As a result of the Defendant’s negligence, Plaintiff, THOMAS D., sustained permanent bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of earnings, loss of ability to earn money, and/or aggravation of a previously existing condition. As the injuries are permanent, Plaintiff will continue to suffer damages in the future.
6. As of June 22, 1999, Plaintiffs were married to each other.
7. As a result of the Defendant’s negligence, MICHELLE D., lost the comfort, society, attentions and services of her husband in the past and will continue to do so in the future.
WHEREFORE Plaintiffs demand judgment for compensatory damages against the Defendant and further demand a trial by jury of all issues so triable.
LAW OFFICE OF ALAN D. SACKRIN
Slip and Fall Attorney
Attorney for Plaintiff
2100 East Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Telephone: (954) 455-0800
Facsimile: (954) 455-9649
ALAN D. SACKRIN
Florida Bar No. 349070
This is a sample lawsuit related to a specific set of facts and circumstances and should not be used or relied upon if you have been in a slip and fall accident. We recommend and urge you to consult with an experienced slip and fall lawyer for professional advice as each case is unique.
Quick Slip And Fall Facts:
Slip and falls are the second leading cause of injuries and deaths after car accidents. Every hour an older adult dies as a result of a fall. The most common injuries resulting from slip and falls include, herniated disc, head injury and/or a knee injury. Learn more from Alan Sackrin, an expert slip and fall lawyer.
Related Slip and Fall Topics
Please feel free to read our other slip and fall (trip and fall) related articles and fact sheets, including:
- 6 Environmental factors that can cause slip and fall accidents
- 4 Factors that determine the types of injuries from a slip and fall
- Slip and Falls in Hotels and Motels
- Slippery Conditions in Restaurants
- Condominium and HOA Slip and Fall Injuries
- Nursing Home Slip and Fall
- Slip and Fall Case Checklist
- Sample Slip and Fall Lawsuit
Do You Have a Question?
Please fill out the “Talk With An Attorney” form above to ask a question or you can call Alan Sackrin at 954-458-8655. He promises to get back to you promptly. Ask now.
Learn More: See Our Slip and Fall Resource Page