Home – Slip and Fall – Pleadings Main Index – Complaint Slip on Water
Complaint – Slipped on Water at Counter
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE
17TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT IN AND
FOR BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA
CASE NO. xx-xxxx-xx
WENDY’S INTERNATIONAL, INC.,
The Plaintiff, GEORGE F., sues the Defendant, WENDY’S INTERNATIONAL, INC. (hereinafter “WENDY’S”), and alleges:
1. This is an action for damages in excess of $15,000.00, exclusive of interest, costs and attorney’s fees.
2. On or about October 11, 2001, Defendant was the owner and operator of premises located at or near Rock Island Road and McNab Road in Broward County, Florida, which premises were used as a Wendy’s fast-food restaurant.
3. At that time and place, Plaintiff went on to Defendant’s premises to eat when he slipped and fell on water or some other liquid substance near the ordering counter.
4. The water or liquid on the floor constituted a dangerous condition which was either created by the Defendant, should have been known by the Defendant, and the Defendant should have corrected the condition or warned of its existence.
5. As a result of the negligence of the Defendant, the Plaintiff was injured in and about his body and extremities, suffered pain therefrom, incurred medical expense in the treatment of her injuries, and suffered physical handicap, and/or aggravation of a previously existing condition. As Plaintiff’s injuries are permanent and continuing in nature, Plaintiff will continue to suffer losses and impairment in the future.
WHEREFORE Plaintiff demands judgment for compensatory damages against the Defendant and further demands a trial by jury of all issues so triable.
LAW OFFICE OF ALAN D. SACKRIN
Slip and Fall Attorney
Attorney for Plaintiff
2100 East Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Telephone: (954) 455-0800
Facsimile: (954) 455-9649
ALAN D. SACKRIN
Florida Bar No. 349070
This is a sample lawsuit related to a specific set of facts and circumstances and should not be used or relied upon if you have been in a slip and fall accident. We recommend and urge you to consult with an experienced slip and fall lawyer for professional advice as each case is unique.
Quick Slip And Fall Facts:
Slip and falls are the second leading cause of injuries and deaths after car accidents. Every hour an older adult dies as a result of a fall. The most common injuries resulting from slip and falls include, herniated disc, head injury and/or a knee injury. Learn more from Alan Sackrin, an expert slip and fall lawyer.
Want to Know More?
Since 1982, Alan Sackrin has represented clients throughout Florida in recovering monetary damages for slip & fall, trip & fall, and other premises liability injuries. Alan is a Board Certified Civil Trial Expert that strives to maximize the amount of compensation his clients’ receive for their claim. Alan brings a high-level of skill and knowledge to his slip and fall cases and he offers a free initial consultation.
See: Sample Case Verdicts and Settlements
Related Slip and Fall Topics
Please feel free to read our other slip and fall (trip and fall) related articles and fact sheets, including:
- 6 Environmental factors that can cause slip and fall accidents
- 4 Factors that determine the types of injuries from a slip and fall
- Slip and Falls in Hotels and Motels
- Slippery Conditions in Restaurants
- Condominium and HOA Slip and Fall Injuries
- Nursing Home Slip and Fall
- Slip and Fall Case Checklist
- Sample Slip and Fall Lawsuit
Do You Have a Question?
Please fill out the “Talk With An Attorney” form above to ask a question or you can call Alan Sackrin at 954-458-8655. He promises to get back to you promptly. Ask now.
Learn More: See Our Slip and Fall Resource Page