Home – Slip and Fall – Restaurant Slip and Falls
Slippery Conditions – Restaurant Slip and Falls
Restaurants must provide proper maintenance of slipping situations including being sure their employees know how to react to accidents that might happen. From our experience, most of the slip and fall accidents in restaurants resulted when a visitor encountered a step up or down that wasn’t clearly marked or that didn’t have any signage warning of the change in elevation. Other common causes in slips and falls at restaurants are uneven sidewalks or walkways, potholes in the parking lot and poor lighting in the entryway.
In addition to those common incidents, slip and falls in restaurants also occur on or because of:
- Failing to place a non-skip mat down during or after rain
- Fall in parking lot
- Wet or slick floors
- Rugs not secured
- Fall on tray
- Seat collapse
- Trip on steps at restaurant
- Greasy bathroom floor
- Dirty floor
- Worn floors
- Painted ramp
- Water puddle
- Raised seat
- Elevated booth
- Sidewalk ramp
Remember to do these things if you are injured in a restaurant:
- Report occurrence
- Be accurate and ask for a copy of the report
- Report can be used against you
- Seek medical assistance, if needed
- Do not over or under state your injury
- Obtain contact information from any witnesses
- Be aware that condominiums have surveillance
Quick Slip And Fall Facts:
Slip and falls are the second leading cause of injuries and deaths after car accidents. Every hour an older adult dies as a result of a fall. The most common injuries resulting from slip and falls include, herniated disc, head injury and/or a knee injury. Learn more from Alan Sackrin, an expert slip and fall lawyer.
Want to Know More?
Since 1982, Alan Sackrin has represented clients throughout Florida in recovering monetary damages for slip & fall, trip & fall, and other premises liability injuries. Alan is a Board Certified Civil Trial Expert that strives to maximize the amount of compensation his clients’ receive for their claim. Alan brings a high-level of skill and knowledge to his slip and fall cases and he offers a free initial consultation.
See: Sample Case Verdicts and Settlements
Related Slip and Fall Topics
Please feel free to read our other slip and fall (trip and fall) related articles and fact sheets, including:
- 6 Environmental factors that can cause slip and fall accidents
- 4 Factors that determine the types of injuries from a slip and fall
- Slip and Falls in Hotels and Motels
- Slippery Conditions in Restaurants
- Condominium and HOA Slip and Fall Injuries
- Nursing Home Slip and Fall
- Slip and Fall Case Checklist
- Sample Slip and Fall Lawsuit
Do You Have a Question?
Please fill out the “Talk With An Attorney” form above to ask a question or you can call Alan Sackrin at 954-458-8655. He promises to get back to you promptly. Ask now.
Learn More: See Our Slip and Fall Resource Page