Home – Slip and Fall – Slip and Fall in Hotels and Motels
Hotel Slip and Fall Lawyer
In the hospitality setting, slip and falls usually happen in one of several areas, including:
- Bathtub or shower – Accidents here are due in part to lack of slip-resistant material on bath mats. Showers and tubs should have grab bars in the shower or tub to help prevent a fall.
- Parking lots and parking garages – Uneven ground, potholes, poor lighting, broken or misplaced wheel-stops, unpainted or slick speed bumps
- Stairways – Poor lighting, improper stair surface, no markings on steps or landings, or no warning signs.
- Ramps – Wet, slick or slippery surfaces. Improper markings or design.
- Exercise Rooms and Locker Rooms
- Hotel Restaurants
- Balconies or landings
- Pool or Spa
Why choose Alan Sackrin as your hotel slip and fall lawyer?
Alan Sackrin is a Board Certified civil trial lawyer with over 40 years of experience pursuing hotel slip and fall cases. Over that time, Alan has filed over 750 lawsuits and has obtained over 100 jury verdicts. Alan is an expert in slip and fall trials and has represented many local and out-of-state clients in all types of negligence-related claims against hotels and motels throughout the State of Florida. In fact, many of his cases are referrals from other personal injury lawyers who could not get a satisfactory settlement for their clients.
Read – How much can you get for your hotel slip and fall?
There are several factors associated with most hotel and motel slip and fall cases, including:
- Lack of handrails, guardrails and grab-bars;
- Lack of non-slip surfaces in bathrooms, tubs, showers and pool decks;
- Failure or inadequacy of landing areas;
- Poor maintenance of lobbies, hallways and pool decks (Was the location of the slip and fall recently cleaned or polished and was the correct cleaning solution used?);
- Inadequate lighting; and
- The parking lot was not properly maintained or designed (including wheel stops, curbs, speed bumps, sidewalks and ramps).
Remember to do these things if you are injured:
- Report occurrence
- Be accurate and ask for a copy of the report
- Do not over or understate your injury
- Obtain contact information from any witnesses
- Be aware that hotels have video surveillance
Read the law (from our personal injury blog):
- How to Prove a Slip and Fall Claim at Disney World in 2022
- Did Your Hotel Act Reasonably To Prevent A Bathtub or Shower Slip and Fall?
Damages You Can Recover In A Hotel Slip And Fall
Just like any other serious personal injury, hotel slips and falls can lead to compensation claims for medical bills, including therapy, and missed work. A serious incident involving this type of slip and fall can leave a victim with significant medical expenses, lost wages, and lingering health problems.
Read: Attorney Fees Are Negotiable
With the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney, you may be able to recover damages for:
- Pain and Suffering
- Medical Bills – Past and Future
- Lost Wages
- Workers Compensation
- Mental Anguish and Emotional Distress
- Loss of Consortium
Quick Slip And Fall Facts:
Slip and falls are the second leading cause of injuries and deaths after car accidents. Every hour an older adult dies as a result of a fall. The most common injuries resulting from slip and falls include, herniated disc, head injury and/or a knee injury. Learn more from Alan Sackrin, an experienced hotel slip and fall lawyer.
Want to Know More From An Experienced Hotel Slip and Fall Lawyer?
Since 1982, Alan Sackrin has represented clients throughout Florida in recovering monetary damages for hotel slip & fall, trip & fall, and other premises liability injuries.
Alan is a Board Certified Civil Trial Expert that strives to maximize the amount of compensation his clients receive for their claims. Alan brings a high level of skill and knowledge to his slip and fall cases and he offers a free initial consultation.
See Alan’s Slip and Fall Case Verdicts and Settlements
Related Slip and Fall Topics
Please feel free to read our other slip and fall (trip and fall) related articles and fact sheets, including:
Do You Have a Question?
Please fill out the “Talk With An Attorney” form above to ask a question or you can call Alan Sackrin at 954-458-8655. He promises to get back to you promptly. Ask now.
Learn More: See Our Slip and Fall Resource Page