Home – Slip and Fall – Slip and Fall in Hotels and Motels
Slip and Falls in Hotels and Motels
In the hospitality setting, slip and falls usually happen in one of several areas, including:
- Bathtubs or showers – Accidents here are due in part to lack of slip resistant material on bath mats – Should have grab bars in the in the shower or tub to help prevent fall
- Parking lots – Uneven ground, pot holes, or poor lighting
- Stairways – Poor lighting, improper stair surface, no markings on steps or landings –
- Ramps – Wet, slick or slippery surfaces
- Balconies or landings
Why Alan Sackrin?
Alan Sackrin is a Board Certified trial lawyer with 30+ years of experience pursuing personal injury cases. Alan is an experienced attorney who can help guide you through the judicial process. Alan represents injured guests and patrons against hotels and motels. If you have been injured while at hotel or motel, contact Alan as soon as possible due to time limitations on filing a lawsuit. Alan is available to speak with you by telephone at 954-458-8655 . You can also e-mail him through this web site to schedule a free initial consultation. He has a friendly and professional staff that is prepared to help you.
See: Hotel Injuries
There are several factors usually associated with most slip and fall cases, including:
- Obstructed views
- Lack of handrails and/or guardrails
- Lack of non-slip surfaces
- Failure or inadequacy of landing areas
- Weather conditions
- Maintenance of area (Was accident area recently cleaned or polished and the type of cleaning solution used etcâ€¦)
- Health or actions of victim
- Inadequacy of lighting
- Poor design
Remember to do these things if you are injured:
- Report occurrence
- Be accurate and ask for a copy of the report
- Report can be used against you
- Do not over or under state your injury
- Obtain contact information from any witnesses
- Be aware that condominiums have surveillance
Quick Slip And Fall Facts:
Slip and falls are the second leading cause of injuries and deaths after car accidents. Every hour an older adult dies as a result of a fall. The most common injuries resulting from slip and falls include, herniated disc, head injury and/or a knee injury. Learn more from Alan Sackrin, an expert slip and fall lawyer.
Want to Know More?
Since 1982, Alan Sackrin has represented clients throughout Florida in recovering monetary damages for slip & fall, trip & fall, and other premises liability injuries. Alan is a Board Certified Civil Trial Expert that strives to maximize the amount of compensation his clients’ receive for their claim. Alan brings a high-level of skill and knowledge to his slip and fall cases and he offers a free initial consultation.
See: Sample Case Verdicts and Settlements
Related Slip and Fall Topics
Please feel free to read our other slip and fall (trip and fall) related articles and fact sheets, including:
- 6 Environmental factors that can cause slip and fall accidents
- 4 Factors that determine the types of injuries from a slip and fall
- Slip and Fall Case Checklist
- Sample Slip and Fall Lawsuit
Do You Have a Question?
Please fill out the “Talk With An Attorney” form above to ask a question or you can call Alan Sackrin at 954-458-8655. He promises to get back to you promptly. Ask now.
Learn More: See Our Slip and Fall Resource Page